Arriving at Dili’s Airport
Dili Airport name is Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport (Aeroporto Nicolau Lobato, airport code: DIL). Once known as Comoro International Airport is located in Comoro neighborhood.
Since the airport doesn’t have its own website, if you want to check departures and arrivals we would recommend airportguide.com.
After obtaining your visa to enter the country (our Visa & Immigration page clarifies what you will need – its a must read!)
The Aeroporto Nicolau Lobato – also known as Comoro Airport – is about 6km west of Dili center. The best way to get to the city (if you haven’t arranged a transfer from your hotel) is to get a taxi. Taxi drivers will request a fixed rate of US$10.
Although it is very difficult, you could try to bargain with them no offense is taken.
Alternatively, you can walk for around 10 minutes to the main street (second roundabout) next to the airport to pick a Mikrolet (which are small minibusses that are used by locals as a shared cab and the price is around US$ 1.
Check the location of Aeroporto Nicolau Lobato
There are also local companies that provide transfer from and to the Dili airport. These transfers can be booked in your hotel (if they don’t offer to pick up service themselves). We don’t recommend to book online because is usually much more expensive.
Flights to Timor-Leste?
Check out our article about how to flight to Timor-Leste if you need more information about airlines that fly in and out of Dili.
* Updated in January of 2018 the fixed price from US$5 to US$10
- Timor-Leste: Opposition leaves plenary before majority approves the amendment to RAEOA law
- European Union Fund grants funding for culture
- Portuguese Coach to Lead Timor-Leste Team
- Australia estimates to have revenues of 1.8 to 7.1 billion euros from Greater Sunrise
- Timor-Leste approves cooperation with Portugal and Argentina to support the media