Weather & Seasons
Let us get into the weather information in Timor Leste. This amazing country has a hot tropical climate divided into two seasons:
- Wet Season: from December to April the rains come causing some floods and landslides, cutting off the access to roads.
- Dry Season: from May to November the East Timor climate at north coast sees a few raindrops and the cooler central mountains and south coast occasionally have a shower.
- September to December: this is the whale-watching season as pods of multiple whale species migrate through the Wetar Strait.
Best Time to Visit Timor Leste
With temperature average from 22ºC to 31ºC, East Timor has a tropical monsoon climate and the best time to visit this paradisiacal island is from April to July, that’s when you get the best weather.
There are many different micro-climates from dry barren hillsides to thickly forested peaks interspersed with cultivated areas.
In general, as you drive south the countryside becomes much more lush and greener.
Average Weather in Dili ,Timor–Leste
In Dili, the capital of Timor-Leste, the wet season is overcast, the dry season is partly cloudy, and it is hot and oppressive year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 20°C to 36°C and is rarely below 18°C or above 38°C.
Check the actual temperature in Timor.
- Timor-Leste: Opposition leaves plenary before majority approves the amendment to RAEOA law
- European Union Fund grants funding for culture
- Portuguese Coach to Lead Timor-Leste Team
- Australia estimates to have revenues of 1.8 to 7.1 billion euros from Greater Sunrise
- Timor-Leste approves cooperation with Portugal and Argentina to support the media